Committees and Board Details - International Automotive Remarketers Alliance
Conference & Event Committee
The Conference & Event Committees are responsible for providing relevant educational content to the industry via the CAR Conference and the IARA Summer Roundtable.
Conference & Event Co-Chairs:
Jim Jackson, ARI, CAR
Tom Stewart, Auction Mgt Solutions Inc.
Recognition & Awards Chair:
Paul Seger, Element
Conference & Event Committee Services:
- Create a conduit for open and honest communication between all facets of the industry.
- To create a platform to further ones education, whether they are an entry-level employee or at a presidential level.
The Education & Conference Committee's mission is to create an environment in which remarketers, auctions, and peripheral service providers can meet to discuss industry issues.
The mission is also to create and promote programs which further the education of industry professionals at all levels.
- To host two successful Roundtable Series Conferences.
- To enlighten and teach conference participants about the various ways of doing business in the 21st Century
- To create an additional revenue stream for the Alliance
- To create at least one educational program with a heavy focus on reconditioning and understanding all facets of inspecting vehicles.
Long Term Objectives
- To continue to produce Roundtable Series conferences, which helps to create an air of open and honest communication between remarketers, buyers of vehicles, auction personnel, and peripheral service providers.
- Take information received from our conferences and give to the NAAA, peripheral service providers, and companies engaged in the business of remarketing, so they may use the information to act on or integrate into their processes.
- To create a strong educational program which can service the needs of any level employee engaged in the business of remarketing.
- To create a strong and consistent revenue stream which can help to promote many of our other programs.
Recognition & Awards Committee Services:
- Assign each committee member to a particular segment(s) of the industry for recipient recommendations.
- Select candidates who have raised the bar in what they do and use them as target examples for others to raise the bar even higher.
- Select candidates who are exemplary in exhibiting Best Practices.
- Expose the unsung heroes of our industry who often go unnoticed and thankless for their contributions, dedication and unselfishness.
Interested in working on this committee? Sign up here.
To encourage and publicize excellence within our industry as examples of what is attainable and to set examples for others to follow, emulate and exceed.
- Define basic awards to be given, to include but not limited to, the areas of Remarketing, Auctions, Automotive, Suppliers, Vendors, Trade Publications, Civic, Charitable, Philanthropic, Community, Youth Organizations, Education and Faith-based activities.
- Define search methods and required criteria for selection.
- Establish and follow processes for consistency, fairness and completeness of research.
- Select venues (conventions, press conferences, etc.) for presentations.
Long Term Objectives
1. Refine and improve the Awards & Recognition process.
2. Expand the types and number of awards.
3. Establish 'regular' and 'one-time' awards.
4. Designate key 'spotters' within the recognition base to nominate candidates.